Cycling is a brilliant way for both you and your dog to have fun and exercise together. Having the correct bike accessories is key to safety and enjoyment of bike rides with your canine counterpart.
- make sure the bike leash is of a reasonable length. A shock absorber mechanism within the lead will help absorb abrupt pulls from your dog.
- The leash should connect to either your seat post or bike frame or you can use a fixed bike tow leash that connects to the wheel of your bicycle.
- When cycling with your dog alongside the bike lead should be attached to a non pull harness not a collar.
- Dogs can get hot quickly, especially in warm weather so would you with a thick coat on. Help keep your dog cool by using a cooling vest like the Ruffwear Jet Stream dog cooling vest. This vest efficiently cools dogs during light and fast, high-intensity adventures through shading and evaporative cooling.
- A hi-vis vest, bandana or a flashing light are also a great way of ensuing your dog is seen by others
- Think of the paws, protect your pooches paws with a pair of dog boots.
Keeping checking on our dog to make sure they are not struggling. Carry a fold away bowl and stop often for a drink. It is important to keep you both well hydrated at all time. Most of all “Enjoy”, If you don’t think your dog is, don’t force them, maybe your dog just prefers a walk and free run!
Showing all 3 results