Post Consumer Plastic Waste
Most plastic is recyclable. Plastic is a finite and valuable resource, so the most logical and environmentally friendly outcome after their initial use is to be recycled into a new product.
- Provides a sustainable source of raw materials to the industry
- Greatly reduces the environmental (especially the CO2) impact of plastic-rich products
- Reduces the amount of plastic being sent to landfill
- Reduces the consumption of our planets oil stocks
- Less energy consumption than producing new, virgin polymers
- Helps reduce our impact on the environment
Current worldwide plastic recycling rates have improved immensely over the last decade however still have some way to go. The average recycle rate for Europe is 30%, UK is 40% however countries like South Korea and India are way ahead of us. Kudos to Wales for having one of the best recycling rates in the world, they come in 4th on the worldwide list.
With the introduction of the Single Use Plastic Directive all newly manufactured plastic products should contain at least 25% recycled plastic. This will slowly increase throughout the decade.
The full range of dog waste bags available at Scot-Petshop contain a minimum of 30% post consumer recycled plastic waste and we hope to increase this to over 50% in the near future. Along with 25% Oceanex our aim is to have less than 20% virgin plastic in our products.
OK so you cannot recycle our used bags, that it not possible at all. However, by utilising post consumer recycled plastic waste in the manufacturing of our bags we are doing our bit towards creating a circular economy.
We need to look after our planet today for a better tomorrow!